logo
H.M. D.A.V. Public School
Ferozepur City - 152002
Latest News  
 
About School  
The school was founded in 1885 in the border area of Punjab by a leading businessman and philanthropist Shri Rai Gopi Mal Honorary Magistrate in the sacred memory of his late son Shri Harbhagwan. It was converted into Model School in 1962. Year 1983 was a turning period in the history of this institution when its management was taken over by DAV College Managing Committee New Delhi. The school was re-named as H.M.DAV Public School. The co-educational school is moving ahead under the expert guidance and cutting edge stewardship of Principal and Manager Dr. Pushpinder Walia.
It was merely a primary school 1979, when the strength of the school was only 240. The school was raised upto middle and was affiliated with the Punjab School Education Board from 1993 to 1995. The school was further raised to upto 10th standard and got affiliation with CBSE New Delhi in 1996.
On the demand of the citizens of the Ferozepur the standard of the school was again raised upto Senior Secondary level in 2002. The school has been showing 100% result since then, The school has been placed in ‘very good’ category by the DAV Management.
Aparat form Medical, Non-Medical and Arts, the school has introduced Commerce, Inter-Arts and Computer Science and Informatics Practices groups at Senior Secondary level from this year.
The school is running successfully with strength exceeding 1218.